From 31st August 2017, the government made it mandatory to link PAN card with the Aadhaar Card. If you had not done that, do as early as you can. Here we will describe the process of how to check if your PAN card is linked with the Aadhaar card or not. And if it is not linked, what is the status?
To Check Aadhaar Card is linked with PAN card or not:
- You need to type an SMS, UIDPAN_12 digit Aadhaar card Number_ PAN card number and then send it to 567678.
- You will get a reply that your PAN and AAdhar card is linked. If not, you need to check the status.
- The message can be sent only with the registered mobile number.
Checking the status of linking Aadhaar:
- To check the status, you can copy and paste the link https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html or simply click on it.
- When the page is opened completely, enter the PAN number, Aadhaar number, and the name on the Aadhaar card. Now, enter the captcha correctly and click on Link Aadhaar Card.
- If your Aadhaar card and PAN card are linked, it will show there as linked and if it is not, they will get linked very soon.