Introduction : Ration card is a certificate issued by Indian government to families that are not rich. People who have a ration card on their name can take necessary commodities like rice, wheat, sugar and kerosene in a subsidized price from local dealers. A ration card also serves as an essential identification certificate for individuals. The eligibility of candidate to have ration card is determined by estimation of their properties and wealth. Although there is a process, still there are many deserving candidates who don’t have a ration card. People who lawfully deserve to have their name registered in ration card but by some reason their name actually haven’t got registered, should take advantage of the online procedure to add new member set up by the government.
Procedures to add a new member in ration card online
By following the below-mentioned procedures step by step a new member can be added in a ration card.
- Open the official food and civil supply website of your state government. For example, mahafood.giv.in is Maharashtra’s official food and civil supply website.
- There will be a ration card section where you have to click on the “name addition of new member” link. As you go into the link you can open the application form now.
- Fill up the form accordingly and attach every single require document with it.
- Submit the application form and get a print of the receipt with acknowledgment number.
- After submitting the application form along with the required documents your application will be reviewed and if it confirms the selection touchstones then you will receive your new, updated card through postal within 2-3 weeks.
It is difficult for the government to provide a ration card to all deserving candidates at once because of the massive number of below poverty line people living in India. The central government of India has distributed the ration card management power of every state to its government. By such distribution, the offline process to add a new member in the ration card varies from state to state. But the online name addition procedure of all states is quite similar. If anyone doesn’t have ration card and he/she thinks that they have proof so that their name deserves to be in ration card all he has to do is follow all the steps mentioned above.