Passport is an official document provided by the government of India, which allows its citizens to travel to various countries. It is also considered as a valid address and identity proof. You can now apply for a passport in both online and offline process. There are various details which are mentioned in a passport including the name of your spouse, which you can add after marriage. People who don’t know the process yet can follow the details below to add the name of their spouse.
Online Process to add the name of Spouse in Passport:
- Visit the website http://passport.gov.in/nri/Online.do.
- You can log in using your personal account certificate. You can also download the application form by visiting the link https://passport.gov.in/nri/.
- When the form is filled up, you have to click the option, ‘Apply for Re-issue of Passport’ from the Applicant Home.
- Pay the fee using Demand draft/ Money order/ or Banker’s check.
- Book an appointment slot at your nearest passport office. Visit there with all necessary documents like your marriage certificate, original old passport, validity extension page, and also a photocopy of Husband’s passport if he has.
- Your new address proof will be required too. Using this procedure you can reissue your passport with the required corrections.
Offline Process to add the name of Spouse in Passport:
- You have to fill up the offline form and upload it online.
- You have to choose the option ‘Change in existing personal particulars’.
- Now you need to define the subcategory as ‘Spouse Name’.
- Fill all other required details, pay the fee and book an appointment.
- Visit the passport office with all required documents (mentioned in the online application process) on the date of the appointment.
- If all goes good, your passport will be corrected and sent to you within a couple of weeks.