For every resident in India, now it is mandatory to have a 12-digit unique identification number known as Aadhaar Card. The government of India made it mandatory for all the citizens. The managing of the Aadhaar cards is done by UDAI ( Unique Identification Authority of India). The agency which was established in 2009 runs under the central government of India. There are a lot of identity documents a citizen of India has. The idea of Aadhar is to provide a single identity document for every person in India. Here we are going to describe the online and offline process of applying for an Aadhaar card in the capital of India Delhi.
The Process of Applying for Aadhaar Car Online/Offline in Delhi:
- First of all, you need to fix an appointment with your nearest Aadhaar enrolment center.
- Now if you are thinking, where to get the details of the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center, you just need to click on the link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/ to get the detailed information.
- Now you can book the appointment as you will surely find your nearest center there.
- You need to carry some supporting documents with you like proof of address, proof of identity, and proof of date of birth. You will able to see the complete list of documents you need while applying by clicking on this link https://uidai.gov.in/images/commdoc/valid_documents_list.pdf.
- Now you can visit the Aadhaar enrolment center where you need to fill up and submit an enrolment form. You will get the form by clicking on the link https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf.
- Now you need to fill the form up with correct information and submit the form along with documents like proof of address, proof of identity, and proof of date of birth.
- After submitting all the details. You need to submit your biometric details now which include your iris scan and fingerprint scan.
- After that, your photograph will be taken for the Aadhaar card.
- Now you will be given an acknowledgment slip containing a 14-digit enrolment number. You can check the status of your Aadhaar anytime using the link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status with the help of your enrolment number.
- If you did not receive the original Aadhaar card at your address, you don’t have to panic as you can always get the e-Aadhaar card following the link https://eaadhar.uidai.gov.in/ with the help of your 14-digit enrolment number.