How to Apply Birth/Death Certificate in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu
The birth and death certificates are two of the most important certificates today. The birth certificate is required every time you do something important. Whether you are applying for the admission in school, passport, voter id, aadhaar card, you will certainly need a birth certificate for that. The Death certificate is also very important for the family members of the deceased, especially his wife. The dead person’s wife can get several facilities from the government depending on her income status. The insurance claim can be made by the family members of the deceased only after the issuance of the death certificate. The process to apply for a birth or death certificate in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu is mentioned below.
Application Process for Birth and Death Certificate in Tamil Nadu:
- You can visit the Municipal Corporation, Panchayat, or the CSC center and ask for the application form for birth or death registration. You can check out your nearest CSC center by clicking on the link https://tnega.tn.gov.in/cscLocations/csc_locations.
- After getting the application form, you can fill it up with appropriate information.
- Attach all required documents with it and submit to your nearest Municipal Corporation, Panchayat, or the CSC center.
- Verification will be done depending on the documents you have submitted.
- After successful verification, your birth or death certificate will be issued. You can get it from the Municipal Corporation, Panchayat, or the CSC center. You can even download the certificate from the website https://tnega.tn.gov.in/.
Required Documents for Birth Certificate Registration:
- Parent’s Address Proof
- Parent’s Identity Proof
- Affidavit if the birth took place at home
- Application Form
- Application Fee
- The proof of birth which is provided by the Municipal corporation
Required Documents for Death Certificate Registration:
- Date of Death
- Several details of the deceased like name, gender, religion, nationality, occupation, etc.
- Place of the Death
- Address of the Deceased
- There are a few other places where the death may take place other than the home. Like a hospital, jail, or police station. The report of the concerned authority is required in that case.
- There is no application fee if you are registering for the birth or the death certificate within 21 days.
- After that, if you apply within 30 days, you have to give a fine of Rs. 25.
- After 30 days, the amount of the fine will be Rs. 50.