How to Apply Birth/Death Certificate Online in Kolkata, Asansol, Siliguri, Durgapur, West Bengal
Birth registration is a mandatory process conducted by the government where a birth certificate is issued to every child, offering a legal identification to the child. Similarly, as important as a birth certificate is, death certificate also does matter. It is also issued by the government to keep a legal record of deceased people. How to apply birth and death certificate in Kolkata, Asansol, Siliguri, Durgapur, West Bengal.
Online process of applying for a birth/death certificates in West Bengal
- In order to procure the birth or death certificate, you have to get on the site http://crsorgi.gov.in/web/index.php/auth/login. Once you visit a sign-up box will appear to you. Just fill up the required details like name, address, email id, district name etc.
- If the registration shows up your district name, then certainly you can carry out the online process.
- After that, you will be asked to enter the verification code and thereafter press the button on the register.
- Once registered, you will get a message in your email id for confirmation. After that, you will be asked to reset the login details.
- Once done, a form will appear asking you to input the details. And make sure to submit that within twenty-four hours only.
- Take the printout form and visit the registrar office personally to get the certificate.
- Remember that the first copy of the birth certificates is obtained at free of cost. But if you want an extra copy you will have to pay rupees 100.
The offline process of applying for birth certificates in West Bengal
- In order to obtain the birth certificate offline, you have to visit the department an ex-health officer after two months from the birth date, this is in case of private hospitals.
- In case of a birth in government hospitals, the certificate can be obtained within one year from the date of birth.
Offline process for death certificates in West Bengal
- Death occurring in the registered areas under the jurisdiction of the Kolkata municipal corporation or KMC is liable to issue the death certificates on the spot to the family members.
- The first death certificate is given for free. But for the additional ones you have to pay Rs 100/-.