There are people in India who belong to various casts. The categories which separate different castes are General, SC ( Scheduled Cast ), ST ( Scheduled Tribe ), and OBC ( Other Backward Caste ). SC, ST, and OBC are three privileged categories who get privilege in every government job or in places of education. They can all the facilities but for that, they need to have a caste certificate to show that they belong to the privileged caste. Here we will describe the online and offline process of how to apply for a caste certificate if you are a citizen of New Delhi.
Online process to apply for caste certificate in New Delhi:
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of Delhi government to apply for the caste certificate, or you can click the link https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/.
- In the homepage, you will get the registration option and you need to register if you are a new user.
- You need to choose the document name, write the document number and the code in appropriate boxes.
- After doing that, click on Continue.
- You will get a form. Fill that with all appropriate details like name, address, mobile number, etc.
- After that, click on continue.
- You will get an ID and password in your provided email id and mobile number.
- Login in the website using the ID and the password.
- You will get an option of Apply Certificate Online. You need to click on it.
- A new page will open with a form.
- Fill all appropriate details in it and click on Submit.
- You will see a receipt after submitting the form which will contain the application number.
- Take a print out of it.
- You can always track your application with the help of the application number from https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/.
- To track your application via SMS, you will have to type an SMS, EDISDL_ application number and send this message to 7738299899.
Offline process to apply for caste certificate in New Delhi:
- To get the authorized application form for the caste certificate, you need to visit the authorized center.
- Fill all appropriate details in the form and attach copies of necessary documents like Xerox copies of address proof and identity.
- Now, you need to submit the form to the SDM office.
- After the verification of all the submitted documents, your caste certificate will be issued.