How to Apply for Aadhaar Card in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar (Gujarat)
Right now, without any doubt, the strongest identity proof in India is Aadhaar card. It contains a lot of things like Name, date of birth, photograph, mobile number, and address. It also contains a unique identification code of 12 digits, which is provided by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). The government gave the duty of Aadhaar card distribution to UIDAI. Here we are going to describe the full process using which you can apply for an aadhaar card easily in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Application Process For Aadhaar Card in Gujarat:
- Visit the website uidai.gov.in.
- Now find the option ‘Aadhaar Online Service’ and click on ‘Locate Enrolment & Update Centers’ over there.
- The page will appear on your screen where you have to enter the state name, district name, sub-district name, village, town or city name. Enter the verification code given below in the appropriate box and hit the search button. The list of your nearest aadhaar enrolment centers will appear on your screen.
- You will find an option there ‘Book Appointment Online’. You can choose that. You can also book an appointment by calling the center number given on the website or by directly visiting the center.
- Now, you have to download the form from the website and print it out in an A4 sized paper. You can even get the form from the enrolment center. The download link for the form is provided here https://uidai.gov.in/resources/enrolment-docs/downloads.html.
- Visit the enrolment center with the filled up form attached with the Xerox copies of all appropriate documents. You have to carry the original documents for the verification purpose.
- After checking and verifying the documents, the executive there will complete the process of retinal scan and taking fingerprints.
- Your photograph will also be taken there at the center. The same photo will be visible on the aadhaar card.
- Children under the age of 5 don’t have to give the retinal scan and fingerprints. These will be taken when his or her age crosses 5.
- After the submission, you will be given an acknowledgment slip with an acknowledgment number which can be used later to track the status of aadhaar card.
- You can visit the website http://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in to check the status of the aadhaar card and also download it if available online using the acknowledgment slip details.