There are a lot of different reasons for which people may feel the need for a weapon. The most common among them is a life threat. To save yourself from any known or unknown threat like that, people can apply for a weapon’s license. You can also have one if you are associated with shooting sports. Totally a person can have maximum 3 licenses. If you live in Haryana and do not know the procedure to apply for an arms license. The whole process is described below for your help.
Process to Apply for Arms License in Haryana:
- Visit the office of Joint Commissioner.
- Ask for the form performa A-1.
- Fill it up with detailed information. You must enter the need of gun there.
- You need to attach some documents with the form after filling it up. Attach four passport sized photographs properly attested. One must be affixed on the form. The rest three must be attested on the reverse by a gazetted officer.
- You need to attach attested copies of some other documents with the form like PAN card, aadhaar card, voter identity card, ration card, electricity bill, passport, etc.
- Other than these, you must attach Service certificate Posting certificate/recommendation from the Commanding Officer (in case of Armed Force personnel) and Weapon handling certificate with the form.
- Now, submit the form to the office of Joint Commissioner.
- Your form will be verified by the police and they will ask you for an interview if you pass the verification.
- You will be asked about the need for the gun in the interview. If your answer satisfies them, they will pass you on the interview. The most appropriate answer to pass is self-defense.
- After Passing all you are eligible to get the license and you can buy a gun.
- But after buying the gun, you have to submit that to the licensing branch for the inspection of the weapon and to include it in their records.
- In every three years, you have to renew the license.
- The process is nearly the same as the application but it will be a lot easier as you have a license already.
If you have some new ideas or want to share your thoughts with us, you are free to do so with the help of our comments section.