There are different criteria which need to be fulfilled if you need an arms license in India. You need to show proof that you need the gun for the purpose of protection only. Proving that is not a tough ask as all you need is a copy of FIR lodged by you finding that your life is being threatened. You can also get the gun for shooting purpose if you are associated with the shooting sports. You can have a total of three licenses. If you stay at Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, Bathinda, Punjab and are unaware of the process to apply for arms, we described the complete process below for you.
Application Process to get Arms License in Punjab:
- You have to download the application form first. Click on the link to download that. http://punjab.gov.in/documents/10191/1058505/Issuance+of+new+Arms+License020518.pdf/1b94b19d-ef96-48fd-99ea-019484371ed9.
- After that, you need to print it out on an A4 sized paper.
- Fill up the form with correct information and attach all required documents with it. The list of documents is given below.
- Now, you have to submit the application at the District Commissioner’s office.
- The police will then start the verification of all your documents and check that if you have a criminal record in past. They will also check if the address provided in the form is authentic.
- They will collect information about you from your neighborhood and try to find out anything suspicious about you. They will try to find out if you have some anger issues or not which leads you to fight often.
- After all found good, the DCP will personally interview the person who applied for the license. You will found out that the major question there will be involving the need of gun in your life. The best and the easiest answer to which is obviously self-defense. You can also ask for a gun if you live in a wildlife area and want it to protect yourself from wild animals.
- After completing the interview, the DCP will send the report to the national crime record bureau and criminal branch.
- When everything is found okay. You will be issued an arms license.
Documents Needed For the Application of Arms License:
- Application Form
- Three Passport Sized Photographs
- Aadhaar Card
- Proof of Residence
- Character Certificate
- Police Report
- Birth Proof
- Fee Receipt