How to Apply for Indian/Overseas Passport Online in Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, Bathinda, Punjab
The most important document needed if you like to travel between countries is the passport. The document is also acceptable as an identity proof in almost all government-authorized organizations. In issuing the passport, all over the world, India stands at the number 3 position only after China and USA. Other than the usual passports, there are Tatkaal passports and SVP (Shortly Valid Passports). The people of Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, Bathinda, Punjab can check out the complete passport application process from here.
Online Application for Passport in Punjab:
- For the application, first you have to visit the website of Passport Seva Portal and register there. You can visit the website by clicking on the link https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/.
- After registering, log in the website using your id and password.
- Now you will get the link to apply for a fresh passport on the homepage.
- After clicking on it, a form will appear. Fill it up properly and submit it.
- After the submission, you have to click on the link, pay and schedule appointment.
- You can search the nearest Passport Seva Kendra with the help of the link https://india.gov.in/locate-passport-services-centre-your-state.
- Book the appointment and complete the payment online using credit or debit card, net banking, or SBI bank Challan.
- You can now take a print out of the receipt. It will contain the appointment number.
- Now visit the Passport Seva Kendra with all original documents which are required like proof of residence, proof of nationality, photograph, etc.
- After successful verification, the passport will be sent to you via post.
Offline Application for Passport in Punjab:
- You have to download the application form first. For that, click on the link https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/printForm.
- The printing of the form must be done on A4 sized paper. You can also buy the form at the District Passport Cell. It will cost INR 10.
- The fill up the form and submit it at the counter of District Passport Cell with the self-attested Xerox copies of all relevant documents like proof of residence, proof of nationality, photograph, etc.
- The verification of the documents will be done and after they are found complete, you can submit the application fee in form of demand draft.
- You will be given an acknowledgment number which will contain the file number. It will help you later to track the passport online.