How to Apply For Voter ID Card Online in Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, Bathinda, Punjab
The Voter ID card is and document provided by the Election Commission of India for every citizen above 18 years of age. It gives voting power to every person in India. Not only that, it is used as an identity proof by every Indian. Like every other Indian state, it is mandatory for the citizens of Punjab to have a voter id card. If you are a permanent citizen of Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, Bathinda, Punjab and don’t know the application process, you can check the complete process below.
Online Application Process for Voter ID card in Punjab:
- First, you have to visit the website http://ceopunjab.nic.in/ and click on the Enroll your Vote option.
- You will be redirected to the NVSP website. You can also visit there directly by clicking on the link http://www.nvsp.in/.
- You will get the option there for the application of new voter id. Click on that.
- The Form 6 will open on your screen.
- You have to fill up all the details carefully and accurately.
- You need to upload your photograph, address proof, and age proof.
- After that click on submit.
- After submission, you will get the acknowledgment number. Note it down.
- You can check the status of the application by clicking on the link http://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/trackstatus.
- The verification will be done and if everything is found right, you will receive your voter id card with 30 days by post.
Offline Application Process for Voter ID card in Punjab:
- You have to visit the office of Assistant Electoral Officer or Electoral Registration Officer. You will get the application form, Form 6 there at free of cost.
- After getting the form, you have to fill it up properly. Don’t provide any wrong information as it can result in the cancellation of your form.
- Submit the form at the office of Assistant Electoral Officer or Electoral Registration Officer attached with all appropriate documents.
- After successful submission, verification will be done by the officials.
- If they found all the information correct, you will get the voter id card by post within 30 working days.
We hope that the information provided by us will help you in applying for the voter id card in Punjab. If you have any question regarding the topic, feel free to express your thoughts in the comments section.