How to Apply Marriage Certificate Online in Raipur, Ambikapur, Bhilai-Durg & Bilaspur Chhattisgarh
The marriage certificate is the major proof of marriage between two persons. In India, there are three ways in which a marriage can be registered. Hindu Marriage Act of 1955, Special Marriage Act of 1954, or Christian Marriage Act. The marriage certificate comes with certain benefits too. It is one of the most important documents if you are applying for a passport or open a bank account. The spouse of a dead person can claim the insurance or bank deposits of a person only after proving his or her marriage with the help of the marriage certificate in Raipur, Ambikapur, Bhilai-Durg & Bilaspur Chhattisgarh. The government of Chattisgarh has made the application process very simple. For your help, the complete process is described below.
- The bride and groom both must be permanent residents of Chattisgarh.
- The age of the bride must be 18 and the groom must be 21 years.
Application Process for Marriage Certificate in Chattisgarh:
- Visit the official website of the Chattisgarh Government. You can visit there by clicking the link too https://edistrict.cgstate.gov.in/.
- From the options in the homepage, click on Certificate services.
- A new page will open on your screen now. You can find all the different available services there.
- Choose the option ‘Marriage Registration and certificate’.
- You will be redirected to a login page. If you are a new user, register first and then log in using your registered id and password.
- A form will open on your screen after logging in. Fill it up with all required information.
- Upload scanned copies of all required documents.
- Now, check all and submit the application form.
- You will find an acknowledgment slip on the screen.
- Download it and take a print out on A4 sized paper.
- Keep it safe as you can use it later to track the status of your application by visiting https://edistrict.cgstate.gov.in/.
- After verification, you will get the marriage certificate within 15 working days.
- The application fee is INR 30 and the marriage registration fee is INR 500.
- Signature of both husband and wife.
- Proof of birth (to check the age of both)
- Ration Card
- Residential Proof
- Passport Sized and Join Photographs
- Wedding Invitation Card
- If a divorce case is involved, a verified copy of the order for divorce is required.
- Certificate of the priest is required if marriage is completed at a religious place.