How to Apply Marriage Certificate in Lucknow, Kanpur, Ghaziabad, Allahabad, Agra, Moradabad, Varanasi Uttar Pardesh (UP).
Marriage certificate refers to a legal and official document issued by the Government of India stating that the two persons are married. This certificate acts as a proof of registered marriage under the marriage act and is held by the spouse. A record is kept with the government itself. A marriage certificate has a number of uses like it acts as a proof for changing the party’s name, during divorce filings, proving the legitimacy of the child, etc. How to Apply Marriage Certificate Online/Offline in Uttar Pradesh.
Online process of applying for a Marriage Certificate in Uttar Pradesh:
- Visit http://www.igrsup.gov.in/igrsup/defaultAction for the marriage certificate application. Select the apply option.
- Fill all the details of you and your husband/wife and revise the form. Make sure the details entered are all correct as the department won’t be held responsible for any print mistake.
- Now fill the place or venue of marriage. Fill the details of the witnesses and upload the identity proof and passport size photos on the site. You are also required to upload the signatures as well as the self-attested copies of every document.
- Click the submit option and pay the required fee.
- You will receive an account number and password for tracking the status once registered.
Offline process of applying for a Marriage Certificate in Uttar Pradesh:
- Attach all the documents along with the form and submit it to the court of the marriage officer. The officer in charge to issue the marriage certificate is Addl. District Magistrate.
- The court will process the details and verify the details. The name will be registered within the presence of three witnesses after thirty days and within three months of submission of the application form in the court.
- Once the marriage is registered, the court and designated will issue the marriage registration certificate soon.