Passport is an official document which is provided by the government of India, and allows its citizens to travel to various countries free of any hassle. It is also considered as a valid address and identity proof. You can now apply for a passport in both online and offline process. There are different types of passports and the Short Validity Passport is one of them. Let’s know about it and its application process.
What a Short Validity Passport is?
This type of passport is issued for a short validity of time as its name suggests. The passport is issued to a few people in certain circumstances.
- For Students
- Passport Not Delivered in Time
- In Criminal cases
- To Indians Residing Overseas
Application Process for a Short Validity Passport:
- Visit the website https://org2.passportindia.gov.in/ and register there.
- After the registration is done, log in using your user id and password.
- Fill up the application form, pay the fee online and book an appointment slot at the passport office.
- Visit the office at the time of appointment with all required documents.
- On successful verification, your passport will be issued with 1 to 3 working days and you can collect it from your nearest Passport Seva Kendra in person.
- The people living abroad can also apply for the passport but they have to collect the passport from the Consulate or designated center in person.
- Telephone Bill
- Gas Connection Proof
- Water Bill
- Rent Agreement
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter Id Card
- Bank account passbook
- PAN card