The ration card is considered as one of the major documents which is necessary for every Indian household. In Mizoram, the ration card is issued by the Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs of the State Government of Mizoram. You can get the essential commodities such as Sugar, Rice, Kerosene, Fertilizers, etc. at controlled rates. The ration card is also considered as an identity proof accepted by all government-authorized organizations. Usually, there are three types of ration cards in Mizoram, APL Card, BPL Card, and the AAY Card. The type of card which a household will get depends on his monthly income. Here we are going to describe the process, following which you can easily apply for ration card in Mizoram.
Application Process for Ration Card in Mizoram:
- First, you have to visit the official website of the Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs of Mizoram. You can also follow the link to visit there https://fcsca.mizoram.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, you will get the option, Ration Cards. Click on that.
- You will get the option ‘Forms’ from drop-down menu. Click it. From the same website, you will get forms for renewal and duplicate ration card.
- Now choose the application form, you will be redirected to another page where you can click on ‘Application Form’. It will be downloaded in PDF Format.
- Now, take a print out of the form in A4 sized paper.
- After that, fill it up with all the required information. The information must be correct to the best of your knowledge.
- After filling up the form, attach all required documents with it.
- Now, visit the Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs of Mizoram and submit the form to the concerned authorities.
- Verification will be done by the authorities.
- If all found correct, your ration card will be issued and you can collect that from your nearest ration office.
- It usually takes 15 to 30 working days to issue a ration card.
- Address Proof: Water Bill, Telephone Bill, or Electricity Bill.
- Aadhaar Card
- Family Head’s Photograph
- Driving License
- Income Certificate
- Voter ID
Let us know your thoughts and queries using our comments section and stay tuned with us for more such informative articles.