How to Apply SC/ST/OBC Certificate in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Palakkad Kerala
The caste certificate is a legal proof that the applicant belongs to a certain caste. There are some facilities provided by the government, which are only provided to the people of backward classes. To avail them, the person must have a caste certificate. So, if you belong to backward classes like SC, ST, or OBC then having the caste certificate may gain you several reservation benefits in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Palakkad Kerala. The complete application process is mentioned below for your help.
Online Application Process for Caste Certificate in Kerala:
- Visit the official website of edistrict Kerala or you can also follow the link https://edistrict.kerala.gov.in/.
- If you are not registered to the website, register first.
- After completing the registration, log in using your id and password.
- You can also opt for the one-time registration which is available in the website.
- After logging in, you can click on ‘apply for certificate’.
- Fill up the application form with appropriate information.
- Upload the scanned copies of all required documents and then submit the form.
- Before submission, you have to complete the payment. The fee for online application is INR 15 in Kerala.
- You can pay the fee by net banking/Debit card payment/Credit Card Payment/ Cash-card prepaid / wallets/ IMPS.
- When all is done, you will be redirected to the receipt page. You can take a print out of the receipt.
- It will help you later in tracking the application.
- All details and documents submitted by you will be verified and if all found correct, your caste certificate will be issued.
Offline Application Process for Caste Certificate in Kerala:
- You can locate the nearest Akshaya center and collect the application form from there.
- Fill up the form by entering all appropriate details.
- Attach all required documents with the form.
- Now, submit it to your Taluka or the office of Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Kerala.
- After submission, the form and the documents will be verified and if all found correct, your caste certificate will be issued.
- Passport Sized Photograph.
- Residence Proof: ration card, electricity bill, telephone bill, voter ID card, bank passbook, driving license, etc.
- Identity Proof: voter ID card, PAN card, driving license, aadhaar card, etc.
- Caste Proof: school leaving certificate or caste certificate of any family member.
- Relationship Proof: school leaving certificate.