Election commission of India has been issuing Voter Identity document to a citizen of India who has become the age of 18 or more than 18 years. Using this identity, an owner of this document casts a ballot in India’s rural, municipal, state and national elections. Apart from voting, voter ID can be used as identification proof respective voter cardholder or it can be used as address proof of cardholder. So sometimes it becomes necessary to change or correct the name.
In case of change, or correcttion in Voter ID then one needs to follow as below,(Either off-line or on-line)
Off-line Process to Change or Correct Name in Voter ID
- Go to the nearest Voter Facilitation Centre (Electoral Office) to your residence.
- Collect the form EPIC-008 which is used as an application form for changes or correction in voter ID. It is available as a free or same can be downloaded from the official website.
- Fill the form with various and relevant details like name, gender, age, address, voter ID card details, etc.
- Attach supportive required documents, e.g. Passport, PAN or AADHAR etc.
- Submit the filled form along with all required supporting documents to the electoral officer.
- The necessary required change will be done and the Voter ID card will be issued after verifying the form and supportive documents by Electoral Officer.
Online Process to Change or Correct Name in Voter ID
- Log-in using official web site, https://www.nvsp.in/.
- Select the “Correction of Entries in Electoral Roll” and click on that link.
- Complete the form EPIC-008 which is used for changes or correction in voter ID.
- Complete the form and attach all required supportive documents.
- A Mobile number and email ID should be provided.
- Submit the form, EPIC-008.
- It will be processed and verified by the Electoral Officer.
- After successful verification, you will get a notification.
- Go to the electoral office and collect the duplicate Voter ID.
So, by following any procedure, one can get easily change or correct the name in case of any wrong entry, spelling mistake, change in status in case of female, etc.