One of the biggest messaging clients in the world WhatsApp has launched a UPI based payment feature for the people in India. The platform is used to send money to any user who has a UPI ID from any other UPI ID from the group or individual chat. But now there is a change as now you can send money to a UPI ID without even going to a conversation thread. The process is mentioned below.
Process of Making Payment to UPI Address via WhatsApp:
- First of all, you need to go to settings.
- You will get an option there Payments, click on it.
- Next, click on the send Payment option.
- Now you will see another option, Send to UPI ID, click on that.
- You have to type there the VPA of the recipient you are going to send money.
- After entering the UPI VPA, you need to click on verify.
- You will see the name of the recipient there and also get an option to enter the amount which you’re going to transfer.
- After that, you have to enter the UPI transaction password to transfer the money and send the money.
- The money will be sent to the recipient whether he is on your contact list or not.