PAN card plays a vital role in purposes like filing of income tax, transaction of huge amounts and also it is a useful identity proof. Serving such serious purposes with PAN card clearly reflects the importance of its correctness. If the PAN card is not correct, with genuine information, the sufferer will be the cardholder.
Unfortunately, mistakes are obvious by human beings and for that many incorrect or misspelled information get fed unintentionally while applying for a PAN card.
Worry not! Now, correcting PAN Card information like Name, Address, etc. has become just a few clicks affair.
Online PAN Card Correction Form Download
Steps to Correct Name, Address Online
- Browse the link https://www.tin-nsdl.com/services/pan/pan-index.html
- Scroll down a little, then under “Change/Correction in PAN Data” section click on “Apply”.
- Under “Apply Type” dropdown, select “Changes or Correction in existing PAN data / Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in existing PAN Data)“ and fill up the whole form this time with the correct name, address, and all other information.
- Please, reconfirm before submitting the form, after which you will receive a 15-digit acknowledgement number.
- This 15-digit acknowledgement number will be in use to track the status of your application.
- Finally pay the service charges through net banking, debit/credit card and take a print out of the form.
- To go for online submission, scan the required self-attested documents and upload them.
- If you don’t have scanned documents or any source to scan, then take a print out of the form after submission and end the hardcopy along with all required documents by mail to:
Income Tax PAN Services Unit (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited)
5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk
Pune – 411 016