If you’re working with a PDF, it can be difficult to get the data out. You can use Google Sheets to convert your PDFs into Excel or CSV files or use a third-party program like Adobe acrobat. However, both methods involve formatting and cleaning up the data before importing it into another program. This can be tedious, especially when you have a lot of files to convert!
In this article, you will learn three easy ways to import data from PDF files directly into Microsoft Excel so that you can skip the hassle to convert PDF to Excel or shape your data in other programs first:
Method 1: Use the text converters to convert PDF to Excel
There are a number of text converters that you can use to convert your files from PDF to Excel. Here’s how:
● Convert a file by uploading it through the website or app.
● Select the type of files you want to convert, like PDFs or JPGs, and then choose which types of documents you’d like to convert. You can also select specific document properties such as size and color if desired.
● Upload your file or drag and drop it into the box and wait while it converts into an Excel sheet!
Method 2: Copy and paste text from PDF to Excel
This method requires a little more work, but it’s still easy to do. First, you’ll need to open up the PDF file in Adobe Reader and use the find and replace function (Ctrl+H on Windows or Command+F on Mac) to delete all of the text that you don’t want. Next, copy and paste this data into Excel, where it will be automatically converted into a table.
The next step is to use either Microsoft Word or any other text editing tool (like Notepad) to find every place where there are commas in your spreadsheet and replace them with tabs so that they appear correctly when exported back over again into Google Sheets.
Finally, save it in CSV format so that you can upload it directly into Google Sheets without any extra steps.
Method 3: Use a third-party tool to convert PDF to Excel
There are many PDF to Excel conversion tools available in the market. But one of the most popular and reliable is Adobe Acrobat DC.
● Download and install Adobe Acrobat DC on your computer.
● Open the application, select “File” from the top menu and then click “Import” to open a dialog box where you can choose files to import into your current document.
● Click on the file name, then click the “Choose” button next to it or simply drag and drop files from a folder onto this dialog box to import them into your current document (or merge them with another existing document).
In this article, you have learned three of the most common methods for exporting data from PDF to Excel. As per the Adobe Acrobat’s professionals, “These are all very easy to use, and there are no special requirements for any of them except that you need a computer with Microsoft Office installed on it (or another program that can open a PDF file).”