A great paperless banking approach in the digital India is Airtel Payments Bank Limited. It was one of the very first organizations in India to get the permit of payment bank from the RBI. They got the permit on 11th April 2016. Bharti Airtel spread the system in their more than 1.5 million outlets which cover 87% of the country. They spread their business in more than 5000 towns and 400,000 villages. Any person, who is an Airtel customer and has documents like the PAN card and Aadhaar card can use the payments bank feature of Airtel and can get an interest rate of 7.25%. The maximum amount they can keep in the payments bank is Rs. 1 lakh.
One thing is for sure that you have to pay a good amount of attention while a transaction as there may be a possibility that you put a wrong number. You can get all you need just by dialing *400#. The balance checking process via missed call and SMS is not available here but there is another process to check the balance. The details are described below.
How to Check Airtel Payments Bank Balance Enquiry by Missed Call & SMS Alert
- First of all, you have to dial *400# from you registered mobile number.
- Then you have to choose option 7 which is My Account.
- Now, for checking balance you can select 1 and for mini statement you can select 2.
- You will able to see you balance or mini statement on screen.
- If you select statement via SMS, you will get the mini statement as an SMS on your registered mobile number.
The services are absolutely free of cost. Another process of checking all these by downloading the Airtel Money application on your mobile. The transactions can be monitored continuously using the app.