How to Apply Voter ID Card Online in Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Nashik, Vasai-Virar, Aurangabad, Maharashtra
As a proof of your citizenship and nationality, the voter id card is the highest documental proof in India till date. But for getting that, a person must be of 18 years of age and has to be registered with the Election commission of India. The person will be then provided a voter id card along with the right of voting. In Maharashtra, the process is run by the Chief Electoral Officer of Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Nashik, Vasai-Virar, Aurangabad, Maharashtra. There are both online and offline processes of applying for a voter id card. Both the processes are mentioned below for your help.
Online Process to Apply For Voter ID Card in Maharashtra:
- First of all, to log in and e-registration, you must visit the official website of the chief electoral officer of Maharashtra or you can copy and paste the link maharashtra.gov.in on your browser.
- For the e-registration process to enroll, the login details must be used.
- For the application of a new voter id card, the applicant must fill the Form No. 6. He has to enter all the correct details there as any wrong information can reject the application.
- The scanned copies of all the supporting documents must be submitted. You will get the list of the documents on the website.
- After submitting all supporting documents and checking the form, click on the submit button to submit the form.
- After the submission, you will get a reference number which is generated by the system. You will also get the number on your email id.
- On the same website, you can check the status of your voter id card with the help of that reference number.
- After all the verification done, you will receive the voter id card within a month’s time.
Offline Process to Apply For Voter ID Card in Maharashtra:
- First of all, you have to visit your nearest electoral branch or office.
- There you will find the form no. 6 for the application purpose of voter id card. The form is available in 3 languages Marathi, English, and Hindi. You can choose your preferred language.
- Fill up the form with all the correct details there as any wrong information can reject the application.
- The Xerox copies of all the supporting documents must be attached with the form. You will get the list of the documents on the website.
- After all done, submit the form to the counter at the electoral branch or office.
- They will verify all the documents and will give you an acknowledgment number.
- You can check the status of your voter id card with the help of that acknowledgment number online.
- After checking all, they will send you the voter id card within a month.