To manage diabetes, it is important to keep track of your blood sugar regularly. The best way to do that is to buy a Glucometer. OneTouch Diabetes offers many user-friendly glucometers that can help you manage your diabetes. One such option available is OneTouch Select Plus. It is one of the most simple to use a glucometer, and it will give you a reading within 5 seconds. You will get a user manual to understand how to use OneTouch Select Plus Glucometer. You must always check the details in the user manual.
However, if you are in a hurry or have misplaced your user manual, you can check out this article to understand how to use OneTouch Select Plus. You will find the detailed steps to use the OneTouch Select Plus Glucometer on this page. We have also documented the preparation steps, testing steps and then we have also documented safe disposal steps. So, let us move ahead and check out the details now.
Steps to Use OneTouch Select Plus Simple Glucometer
In this section, we have listed the steps that you need to follow to get a reading of your blood sugar.
- Start by washing your hands with soap and water. Ensure that you dry your hands before moving ahead.
- Now prepare the lancet device. To prepare the device, you need to insert a new lancet. Never reuse the lancets.
- Keep the lancet cap aside, and you will need it to dispose of the lancet after the usage.
- In this step, you need to slide the cocking control back until you hear the click sound. Also, turn the depth wheel to the desired setting. Your lancet is now ready.
Obtaining Blood Sample & Measuring Sugar
- The first step is to insert the testing strip into the glucometer. Ensure that the white side of the strip is facing you.
- The meter will show you the last reading, and the screen will now show you a blood drop icon. This denotes that the glucometer is now ready to take the reading.
- Start by massaging your finger a litter as this would improve the blood flow. Now hold the lancet device firmly against the finger and press the trigger to fire the lancet. This will puncture your finger.
- In the next step, you need to squeeze your finger and put the blood on the glucometer strip. As soon as you touch the glucometer strip to the blood, the blood will be sucked in automatically.
- The blood glucose level will appear on the screen. If the level is <69 mg/dl, the sugar level is low. If it is between 79 mg/dl & 179 mg/dl, the sugar levels are normal. If the sugar level is over 180 mg/dl, the glucose levels are high.
Disposing of the Lancet
- Put the lancet cap on the lancet, which will prevent any accidental punctures on the skin. Now push the cocking control in front, which will expel the lancet needle out of the lancet device. Dispose of the lancet carefully and treat it like a biomedical waste.
This is how you can use the OneTouch Select Plus Glucometer, one of the most selling glucometer in India. The process is straightforward, and it takes less than 1 ml of blood to get the reading. The best feature of this glucometer is that it will display the old reading before you take the next reading. This feature helps you compare the results every time you measure your blood sugar levels. Depending on the sugar level, please take your medication or insulin. If you notice your blood sugar is extremely high or low, please contact your doctor or emergency services immediately.