One of the most important identity proof in India is the Voter ID card. It is acceptable in most of the government organizations. If you live in Delhi and do not know the complete process of applying for a new Voter Id Card, we will give you detailed information on how to apply for a new card. There are two ways of applying. One is online and the other is offline. Here we will describe both the ways in details. How to Apply New Voter ID Card Online in Delhi.
Online process of applying for a Voter ID Card in Delhi:
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of Delhi, ceodelhi.nic.in.
- You have to select there the state NCT of Delhi.
- Now you have to select ‘Assembly/ Parliamentary Constituency’.
- After that you have to fill up your personal details like Name, Surname, Relative’s Name, Relationship with relative, gender, and age.
- Next you have to enter the area pin code and the house number.
- Now fill the email id and the mobile number in appropriate boxes.
- Check all the filled information and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Your online application for Voter ID Card is done.
- You will get a email in your email id and a SMS in your mobile number with the application number.
- Using the application number you can track the status of your Voter ID Card. For that you have to click on http://ceodelhi.nic.in/OnlineErms/CheckApplicationStatus.aspx.
- Within 15 days a verification will be done by the Booth Level Officer and you will get the Voter ID Card.
Offline process of applying for a Voter ID Card in Delhi:
- First of all, you need to download the application form from the official website or you can also click here for the form http://ceodelhi.gov.in/WriteReadData/userfiles/file/Forms/FORM6.pdf.
- Fill the form with all appropriate information. If you face problem in understanding anything, you can take the help of BLO.
- Now you will see a box for pasting your photograph. Paste it there. The size of the photograph must be 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm.
- After that, you have to attach some documents with the form which are ‘proof of residence’ and ‘proof of age’.
- Next you have to send the form and all the documents to Voter’s Registration and EPIC Centre (VREC) of your Assembly Constituency by post.
- You can also submit it to VREC of your Assembly Constituency in person.
- You can also submit all the documents to the BLO. BLO will do the verification before the issue of your Voter ID Card.
- You will get the application number. Using the application number you can track the status of your Voter ID Card. For that, you have to click on http://ceodelhi.nic.in/OnlineErms/CheckApplicationStatus.aspx.