An electric wheelchair is a gadget that helps people move around more easily. People who have a medical problem and have trouble walking are more likely to use this device. Due to physical limitations, people rely on power wheelchairs since they cannot use a manual wheelchair or perhaps an electric scooter.
Features of Electric Wheelchair
Multifunctional: These wheelchairs are light in weight, portable, and can be folded.
Easy to assemble & dissemble: They are simple to assemble and disassemble to suit your needs.
Battery operated: Batteries power the electric wheelchair’s motor, and the chair is often operated by a joystick, though it may also be controlled by a chin, sack, or hand controller.
Can be tilted: It is also possible to tilt your wheelchair and raise or lower the legs and seat by utilizing the joystick
Customization: You can personalize the controllers to meet your requirements.
Benefits of an electric wheelchair
- They can be your best friend for mobility
- They are particularly well suited for long journeys.
- They are instrumental if you have lost the ability to operate a manual wheelchair.
- They can be easily used on different surfaces.
- They provide customizable settings to increase your degree of comfort.
- The user has complete control over the speed and direction the motorized wheelchair travels.
- The user’s hands control power wheelchairs. On the other hand, others are operated through the use of the lips or body movement. These possibilities are offered to persons who have a great deal of mobility in their bodies.
- Power wheelchairs are available in several different configurations. Furthermore, they are applicable to any form of handicap.
- Moreover, it is tailored to accommodate every type of impairment. For example, the user may be unable to hold the gadget or communicate with others while directing and controlling the device.
- No concern exists about the wheelchair dismantling while it is in operation. The user will not be injured in any way due to the crash of the wheelchair.
- Some wheelchairs are foldable, which allows users to transport them more easily. As a result, they are more suitable if transported to other locations for further utilization. They takes less
- When you use a motorized wheelchair, you have the independence to go wherever you want to go without the need for anybody else’s help.
Cons of an electric wheelchair
- They can be prohibitively expensive.
- In comparison to manual wheelchairs, they are substantially heavier.
- They are hard to move and may necessitate a specially designed truck.
- They must be serviced on-time.
- Learning controls could be a difficult experience.
- If electric wheelchairs were inexpensive, every disabled person would have one of these devices. However, many disabled and older adults have limited mobility because they cannot purchase a power wheelchair.
- Maintenance & repairs are required to ensure that the item operates at peak performance. This implies that you are rendered immobile when you take your vehicle in for maintenance or repairs.
- When your battery dies in the middle of your journey, your movement will be slowed to a crawl.
The electric wheelchairs are truly a blessing for all those who don’t want to be dependent on others for their mobility. Thus, get a quality-rated electric wheelchair and enjoy its benefits.