The Nrega or the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act was implanted by the government in the year 2005. This is to provide livelihood, sustenance, and employment to the rural people and laborers. The scheme was also appreciated by the World Bank in 2014 saying that it’s an excellent example of rural development. Every year, the adult and non-skilled workers from the rural parts of India get work of around 100 days. Let’s check out the process so that you can apply for the Nrega Job Card easily.
Procedure to Apply for the Nrega Job Card:
- You have to collect the application form from your Panchayat. You can also download it online by clicking the link https://rural.assam.gov.in/sites/default/files/Mahatma%20Gandhi%20NREGA.Forms_.1_0.pdf.
- Take a print out of the form on A4 sized paper.
- Fill it up with all appropriate details and you can submit the form to your nearest Panchayat / VCDC / VDC or Block Office by visiting there. You need to attach documents like passport size photograph, address proof, and identity proof with it.
- After verification, you will get your job card within 14 working days. The panchayat will also maintain a similar copy of your job card.
- Information like bank account number, post office account number, aadhaar card number, voter identity card number, etc will be available in the Job Card.
You can express your views and queries using the comments section. Stay connected with us as we post these amazing articles on regular basis.