Every time you use your HSBC Credit card, you receive some reward points. Now, these points can be redeemed to get some gifts. These are only provided to the customers so that they are encouraged in using the credit card more and more. The reward points can be used to get several benefits and services from the bank but can’t be cashed out.
HSBC Different Credit Cards and Reward Points:
There are a total of five different types of HSBC credit cards. Those are-
- HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
- HSBC Advance Visa Platinum Credit Card
- HSBC Classic Credit Card
- HSBC Gold Credit Card
- HSBC Premier Credit Card
Among all these cards, if you use HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card or HSBC Advance Visa Platinum Credit Card, you will get 2 reward points if you spent more than INR 150. If you are using HSBC Classic Credit Card, you will get 1 reward point for using INR 250. In case you are using HSBC Gold Credit Card, you will get 1 reward point and for HSBC Premier Credit Card, you will get 2 reward points if you use more than INR 100.
The Process to Redeem HSBC Credit Card Reward Points:
- You can redeem the reward points by sending a filled in reward redemption form to the bank via post or via fax. You can download the form here http://www.hsbc.co.in/1/PA_ES_Content_Mgmt/content/website/pdf/redmfrm8.pdf. The fax number is 044 4291 0964 and the postal address is HSBC Card Products Division, Post Bag No. 5080, Chennai- 600028.
- You can call the HSBC customer care to redeem the points too.
- If you want to redeem the points online, you have to get the Banking ID and the password from bank to do that online.
- Your redemption request will be processed in around 3 weeks.