How to Apply Aadhaar Card in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu
There are many identity proofs for an Individual in India like the passport, ration card, voter id card, etc but among them, aadhaar card is the most important one right now. It carries a lot of information about an individual like name, address, mobile number, even their photograph. The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has been given the authority of distribution of the aadhaar cards by the government of India. The process of application in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu is quite same as other Indian states. Details are mentioned below.
Application Process for Aadhaar Card in Tamil Nadu:
- Visit the website https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Now, on the homepage, you will find the option ‘Aadhaar Online Service’. Under the option, click on ‘Locate Enrolment & Update Centers’.
- Choose you Village/Town/City, Sub District, District, and State accordingly there. Then enter the verification code in the box below and click on Search button.
- You will find the list of the aadhaar enrolment centers near you on the screen.
- Choose the best suitable one and book an appointment online. There are other ways to book appointment too. You can call them dialing the number mentioned on the website or even visit the center physically.
- After booking the appointment, the next thing which you have to do is get an application form. You can get it from the aadhaar enrolment center or you can download it online by clicking on the link https://uidai.gov.in/resources/enrolment-docs/downloads.html.
- Fill up the application form and with all required documents (Both Xerox and original copies), visit the aadhaar enrolment center.
- The documents will be verified.
- Then the executive will take your fingerprint impression and retinal scan.
- Lastly, he will capture your photograph.
- When all is done, your application will be submitted and you will be given an acknowledgment slip.
- You can track the status of your aadhaar card using the details of the acknowledgment slip by visiting the link https://uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status.
- After the issuance, your aadhaar card will be sent to you via post. You can also download the e-aadhaar by clicking the link https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
- Proof of Identity: PAN card, Ration Card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, Arms License, Kissan Photo Book, etc.
- Proof of Address: Passport, Ration Card, Bank Statement, Voter ID, Driving License, Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Telephone Bill, etc.
- Birth Proof: Birth certificate, Class X certificate, PAN card, Passport, State or Central Pension Payment Order, etc.