How to Apply Aadhaar Card Online/Offline in Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Nashik, Vasai-Virar, Aurangabad, Maharashtra
Just like the PAN card and the voter ID card, the Aadhaar card has also become one of the most important identity proofs for the people of India. It can be used in many government services like opening of the bank account. In fields like education and pension schemes, it is helpful too. The process of getting an Aadhaar card is a very simple one if you follow the right steps. We will describe all the steps here for your help so that you can apply for an Aadhaar card easily in Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Nashik, Vasai-Virar, Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
The process of application of Aadhaar card is not completely online as it needs the biometric information. Instead, it is a mixture of the online and offline process.
The process of Applying for Aadhaar Card in Maharashtra:
- First of all, you need to fix an appointment with your nearest Aadhaar enrolment center. The appointment can be fixed in both online and offline process.
- Now if you are thinking, where to get the details of the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center, you just need to click on the link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/ and https://aadhaar.maharashtra.gov.in to get the detailed information.
- Now you can book the appointment after finding your nearest center there. You can call on the given number or book appointment online.
- You need to carry some supporting documents with you like proof of address, proof of identity, and proof of date of birth. You will able to see the complete list of documents you need while applying by clicking on this link https://uidai.gov.in/images/commdoc/valid_documents_list.pdf.
- Now you can visit the Aadhaar enrolment center where you need to fill up and submit an enrolment form. You will get the form by clicking on the link https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf. You will get the form in the Aadhaar enrolment center too.
- Now you need to fill the form up with correct information and submit the form along with documents like proof of address, proof of identity, and proof of date of birth.
- After submitting all the details. You need to submit your biometric details now which include your iris scan and fingerprint scan.
- After that, your photograph will be taken for the Aadhaar card.
- Now you will be given an acknowledgment slip containing a 14-digit enrolment number.
- You can check the status of your Aadhaar anytime using the link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status with the help of your enrolment number.
- If you did not receive the original Aadhaar card at your address, you don’t have to panic as you can always get the e-aadhaar card following the link eaadhar.uidai.gov.in/ with the help of your 14-digit enrolment number provided in your acknowledgment slip.
- Usually, it takes around 60 to 90 days to get an Aadhaar Card. If there is a problem, the authorities will send the rejection letter with the reason for rejection to your address too.