Indian government issued a 12-digit unique identification number for every Indian citizen. It is called the Aadhaar number and the card which carries it is called the Aadhaar card. The whole process is managed by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). This whole project is an attempt to create just a single identification document for the people in India. It had already replaced most identity proofs in India. There is a complete set of process which needs to be followed correctly to apply for an aadhaar card. The details of the process in Haryana is mentioned below.
Aadhaar Card Application Process in Haryana:
- First, you have to book an appointment to the Aadhaar Card Enrolment Center. You can complete the process online. There are other ways too, like you can take their number and call the center for the appointment. If the number is not available, you can take the address of the center and visit there manually.
- You can book the appointment online by clicking the link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/# or you can check out the Aadhaar Card Enrolment Center near you by following the link https://aadharcardsuid.com/aadhaar-card-center.
- Now, before visiting the center, you can download the application form and print it out on an A4 sized paper or you can get it from the center. The download link for the form is https://aadharcardsuid.com/aadhaar-card-application-form.
- You have to fill up the form properly and attach the Xerox copies of all required documents with it. To check the list of required documents, you can click the link https://aadharcardsuid.com/aadhaar-card-document-requirement. If you don’t have the proper documents, you will need to take introducers along with you at the introducers office to get registered to aadhaar.
- Visit the center at the time of appointment.
- For verification process, show all original documents there.
- After verification, they will capture the iris scan and fingerprints.
- When the submission process is complete, they will provide you an acknowledgment slip.
- You can use the acknowledgment number to track the status of your Aadhaar card. You can click on the link to check the status or download the eAadhaar. https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/#/.
- Usually, it takes 60 to 90 working days for the aadhaar card to get processed.
- When it is ready, it will be delivered to you by India Post within 3 to 5 weeks maximum time.