How to Apply for Aadhaar Card Online in Kolkata, Asansol, Siliguri, Durgapur, West Bengal
Aadhar number is a 12-digit unique identity number which is issued to all the Indian residents depending on their biometric and demographic data. It is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). This department came into the picture in 2009 under the authority of Government of India with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. It is the largest biometric ID system in the world. However, Aadhar Card is a proof of residence but not citizenship. It does not provide domicile rights in India. Today, it is mandatory for all Indian residents to have their Aadhar card associated with all bank accounts and ID proofs. How to Apply for Aadhar Card Online/Offline in Kolkata, Asansol, Siliguri, Durgapur, West Bengal.
Online process of applying for an Aadhar Card in West Bengal:
- First, you need to find an Aadhar enrolment center near you. You can locate enrolment center online at the link:https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
- You can take Aadhar Enrolment form from the center or even download online. You can put an enrolment request online at the link:https://uidai.gov.in/aadhaar_dashboard/#
- Fill in the form and attach necessary documents.
- Submit the biometrics and photograph at the enrolment center.
- In the end, you will be given an acknowledgment slip which you need to save unless and until you get your Aadhar Card via post.
- You can even check Aadhar Card status at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
- Once your Aadhar Card is ready, you may even download it online from https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/#/
The offline process of applying for an Aadhar Card in West Bengal:
- You need to go to nearest Aadhar Enrolment Center.
- Tell the official there about your interest in applying for Aadhar Card
- He will give you an enrolment form.
- Fill the form correctly with no spelling mistake. Also, double check the age.Attach Residential proof, ID proof,and photo ID.
- Your documents and form will be verified.
- After that, you need to submit biometrics like fingerprints and iris scan.
- You will be given an acknowledgment slip for later reference to application status.
- Aadhar Card shall come in approx. 25-30 days via post to your mentioned address.