A PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) is usually issued to the people who are going abroad and had already replied for Immigration, Long Term Visa, Employment, or Residential Status. The person applying must have a valid passport. The persons who are visiting abroad on a tourist visa are not applicable for the Police Clearance Certificate. Here we are going to describe the application process for a Police Clearance Certificate and how can you later check its status online.
Process to Apply for a Police Clearance Certificate:
- First, visit the website of Passport Seva.
- Register there by clicking on the Register Now button on the homepage.
- After registering, log in the website.
- You will find the link ‘Apply for Police Clearance Certificate’. Click on it.
- Submit the application after entering all the required details.
- After the submission, on the ‘View Saved/ Submitted Applications’ screen click on the ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ to get an appointment.
- You can do the online payment by debit/ credit card, net banking, or even by the bank challan.
- You will find a link ‘Print Application Receipt’ after the payment. It will contain your appointment number.
- After that, you can visit the office of Passport Seva Kendra with the original documents.
- The fee will be Rs 500.
- You will have to go through three counters for the whole process.
- If the police verification is already done, you will get the PCC within 24 hours. If it is not done then the officer will mark you application for verification.
- You will be given an acknowledgement slip.
- Usually, the police verification will be done within a week. If they find nothing wrong, they will clear all your documents and send them to the Passport Seva Kendra.
- After that, you can visit any day at the Passport Seva Kendra without any appointment and collect your PCC. Don’t forget to bring the acknowledgment slip and the original documents.
How to Check the Status of the Police Clearance Certificate Online:
- First, you have to go to the official website of Passport Seva.
- On the homepage, you will find the link, ‘Track Application Status’.
- Check the application status by entering your file number and date of birth.
- In the status, you can check that whether your PCC is issued or not.