One of the states of India which really thinks about the people of the state is Kerala. That is the reason that we can see so many different pension schemes for the state’s poor people. According to the widow pension (Sevana Pension), a widow woman will enjoy the benefit of pension for her lifetime. The widow ladies of Kerala are given Rs 1100 by the government of Kerala according to the Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme.
Any widow, who is a resident of Kerala can get the benefit of the scheme. You can get the form of this scheme from the official website of the Kerala Government. But before applying, you must know that if you are eligible for the scheme as there are certain criterias. All the criterias are mentioned below.
Eligibility Criteria For Widow/Senior Citizen Pension in Kerala:
- The woman who is applying for the scheme must be a widow or divorced.
- She will not get the benefit of the scheme if she is getting the benefit of some other scheme.
- At the time of application, the annual income of the applicant must be below Rs. 1,00,000.
- The person applying must be a permanent resident of Kerala.
- The woman is all alone and no one is there to look after her.
Application Process For Widow/Senior Citizen Pension in Kerala:
- First of all, you need to download the application form for the application of widow pension in Kerala. You can download it by visiting the website welfarepension.lsgkerala.gov.in. This website is the official website for the Sevana Pension Scheme and you will get here all the necessary details on the Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme.
- Other than getting the forms from website online, you can also get the application forms of widow pension in Kerala from your nearest Gram Panchayat or municipality.
- Now after getting the form (take a print out if downloading online), you can fill up the form according to the guidelines mentioned in the form.
- Attach all the required documents. You will get the list of the required documents from the official website.
- Now after filling up the form carefully and checking all the details, submit the form to the Corporation secretary or at your Gram Panchayat.
- Within a month’s time, there will be a full enquiry on your form by the officials.
- After the enquiry finishes, the process of beneficiary selection will be done.
- The full list of the beneficiaries will be then sent to the district collector.
- After the approval from the collector, the widow woman will receive all the benefits of Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme of Kerala.