The PAN (Permanent Account Number) is issued by the Income Tax Department of India to keep a track of all financial transactions of a PAN Card holder. Other than that, the PAN Card is also a valid identity proof recognized in most government authorized organizations. In Mizoram, the application for the PAN card can be done in both online and offline process. Both processes are mentioned below for your help.
Online Process to Apply for PAN Card in Mizoram:
- Visit the official NSDL website at https://www.tin-nsdl.com/ for the application. You can also apply from the UTIISL website. Visit there by clicking the link https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/.
- On the website, select the option for New PAN.
- Form 49A will open on your screen.
- Now, fill up the form with appropriate details. Don’t enter any false detail as it will not only cancel the form but will be a criminal offense.
- Then, submit the form and pay the processing fee.
- After that, you will find the acknowledgment form on your screen with a 15-digit acknowledgment number. Take a print out of that.
- With the acknowledgment form, you have to attach passport sized photographs and all required documents.
- If you have not paid the fee online, you can pay it by demand draft attached with the form.
- You have to now post the form to the NSDL office. This must be done within 15 days of filling up the form online. You can personally visit and submit the form too.
- The verification of the documents will be done and you will receive the PAN card to your registered address within 15 working days.
Offline Process to Apply for PAN Card in Mizoram:
- Download the application form from NSDL website and print it out on A4 sized paper.
- Fill it up with all required information.
- Attach the required documents with it and submit it to the nearest NSDL office.
- You can pay the processing fee in cash or by demand draft.
- You will get the PAN card within 15 working days of submission if the verification is found okay.
- 2 Passport Sized Photographs
- Aadhaar Card
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Application Form (49A)
If you want to share your thoughts or queries with us, you are free to do that via our comments section. For more interesting articles like this, stay tuned with us.