A Permanent Account Number (PAN) card, being a very significant, Government-issued document, cannot be taken lightly. A PAN card is a mandatory document, especially for the taxpayers, failing which may charge up to Rs. 10,000 of fine and even worse. It is not unusual to lose documents like PAN card, may it be for some accidents or for own ignorance. However, it is not to worry. All such happenings have been forecasted and provisions have been made available to reapply and reissue for a new one. Here, in the following discussions, one can find how to apply for lost PAN card online and also can check the procedure to reapply and reissue it.
Procedure to Reapply & Reissue for Lost PAN card Online 2019
To reapply for a PAN card online, you can take the help of either NSDL (https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html) or UTI (https://www.myutiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/CSFPANApp) websites, depending on the card type.
- In both the websites, you will have to fill up the online form choosing the type of application from the dropdown box as “Changes or Correction in existing PAN Data / Reprint of PAN card” for NSDL site. Choose the option “For Change / Correction in PAN card (Click here)” on UTIITSL site.
- In NSDL form, simply fill up the form with all correct information that should match with the previously filled form during fresh application.
- In UTI form, don’t forget to put tick marks in the checkboxes placed beside the fields which are only to be checked if change or modification is intended in those fields.
- A proof of old PAN card needs to be attached, besides other required documents.
- Make revisions of the form after filling up and hit the submit button.
- You will have to pay the processing fee by net banking, credit / debit card.
- After payments, you will receive a 15-digit long acknowledgement number.
- Print the application form and keep a hardcopy with you.
- Send the other one to the respective address of NSDL or UTI.