How to Apply Voter ID card in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu
The Election Commission of Indian issues the Voter ID card to all adult domiciles of the country. It also serves as an identity proof for the people whose age is more than 18. But most importantly it gives you access to cast your vote which is a big right in our democratic country. The card is also helpful in opening bank accounts and applying for a Passport. The application process for the Voter ID card in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu is very simple in the state of Tamil Nadu. Both online and offline processes are there. The details are mentioned below.
- The age of the applicant must be 18.
- He or she must be a permanent resident of Tamil Nadu.
Online Application Process for Voter ID card in Tamil Nadu:
- Visit the website http://www.elections.tn.gov.in/voterservices.aspx and click the link for online vore registration.
- You will be redirected to the NVSP portal.
- You will find there the link for the registration of new voters.
- Click on it and fill up Form No. 6 with correct information.
- Upload the scanned copies of all required documents and submit the application form.
- Verifications of all the documents will be done. BLO or any executive from his office may visit your address for verification.
- On successful verification, your Voter ID card will be issued.
Offline Application Process for Voter ID card in Tamil Nadu:
- You can get the application form from the office of Electoral Registration Officer or the Assistant Electoral Registration Officer. You can also download it online by clicking the link http://ceoandhra.nic.in/Forms/E-Registration_2017/Bilingual/Forms%206.pdf.
- After downloading, print it out on A4 sized paper.
- Fill up the form with all required information.
- Attach all required documents with the form and submit it to the office of Electoral Registration Officer or the Assistant Electoral Registration Officer your constituency. You can also submit the form to the Booth level Officers.
- Other documents along with your address will be verified by the BLO and after successful verification, Your Voter ID card will be issued.
- Address Proof: Passport, Water Bill, Gas Bill, Aadhaar Card, Bank Passbook, Ration Card, etc.
- Identity Proof: Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, Ration card, 10th Certificate, Bank Passbook, Aadhaar Card, Student ID card, etc.
- Age Proof: Birth Certificate, 10th Certificate, Aadhaar Card, PAN card, Passport, Kisaan Card, Driving License, etc.