A Permanent Account Number (PAN) card plays a significant role when it is about the filing of income tax or a huge amount of bank transfer. It also bears the identity of the cardholder. The PAN number is unique for every cardholder in an alphanumeric format of 10-digit length.
We, as human beings do mistakes, as it is a natural phenomenon. The mistakes we usually do are misspellings, wrong formats of information we enter, insignificant document uploads, etc. All these mistakes must be avoided by giving proper attention while feeding it into the forms.
The best ways to avoid mistakes & correct PAN Card Online are elaborated below with proper steps.
Mistakes to Avoid:
Signature : It is important to put your signature across the photograph and in the space provided. It shouldn’t go out of the prescribed space, which will result in errors. One more thing to be taken care of is to use a black pen instead of blue, for putting signature.
Avoid Using Initials : Some users have a habit of writing initials of names instead of the complete names, which is not accepted by the Income Tax authorities during verification. So always feed complete names instead of initials.
Avoid Scanned Photographs : A photograph, after scanned, loses its quality and hence clarity. So always avoid uploading scanned photographs and use only the original ones.
Steps to Correct Your PAN Card Online
- Browse the official website of UTIITSL i.e. https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/PAN/
- You will find the option “For Change/Correction in PAN Card (Click Here)”, click on it.
- Click on “Apply for Change/Correction in PAN Card details (CSF)” option and fill up the complete form with correct information.
- Kindly check all the checkboxes that you want to be updated or changed and fill up the adjacent fields.
- Check twice before submitting the form and click on the submit button.
- Then, a notification containing the acknowledgement number will be sent to you, which will be used for future reference.
- The revised physical PAN card will be sent to you by mail.
You can also apply offline by filling up the form on the NSDL website and sending the hard copy to the Income Tax Authority on the address mentioned in the site.