Being a very important; Government-issued document, a PAN card is a must for everyone either for filing of tax or as identity proof in many cases. Even the Government has now made it mandatory for all taxpayers. In early periods, the process of issuing a PAN card was very complicated and lengthy, as all the works were being done manually. But in this digital time, starting from the application process to the delivery process, technology will guide you in each and every step.
Now an applicant can track even the PAN card delivery status by speed post in a very quick way, using the help of websites that are served by NSDL and UTI authorities of Income Tax department. The genuine procedure is elaborated below.
Track PAN Card Delivery Status by Speed Post (Quick Way)
Before we proceed with the steps, first we need to know the key information that will be used in tracking the PAN Card delivery status by speed post is a consignment number or the airway bill number.
This consignment number can be retrieved, following the steps below.
- Open tin-nsdl
- Choose ‘PAN’ from among the ‘Services’ dropdown box.
- Follow the option ‘Know Status of Your Application’ and click.
- Also, tab to ‘Application Type’ dropdown box and select your Application Type.
- Put in the Acknowledgement Number that you already have.
- Provide the correct captcha and proceed.
- The following web page will contain the consignment number, only if the PAN card is dispatched by speed post.
Now using the consignment number proceed further as follows.
- Open the India Post site at the url https://www.indiapost.gov.in/vas/Pages/IndiaPostHome.aspx
- Choose the ‘Track and Trace’ by following the ‘Tool’ tab.
- You can clearly see the field asking to enter the consignment number.
- Type the correct number inside the ‘Evaluate the expression’ field.
- Press the button named ‘Track Now’.
- On the corresponding screen, you will have the status displayed.