PAN card, as we everyone knows, has its great importance while dealing with purposes like income tax filing, huge amount transaction, etc. Besides, it is an Identity proof. Today, as is has made mandatory, every taxpayer is having a PAN card. It is upgraded with the latest digital technology and the uniqueness of the PAN number is maintained for every cardholder.
Though it has become simpler and easier to apply for a PAN card now, still as a human tendency we sometimes make mistakes while filling up the form. These mistakes usually include spelling errors, document discrepancies and so on, which result in rejection of the PAN card.
If you face such scenarios, you need to follow the steps enlisted below to make it corrected and get your PAN with correct information.
- Browse the site https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html_bkp24052013
- Select “Application Type” as PAN – New / Change Request
- You can either provide the Acknowledgement Number or provide Name and Date of Birth details, which should be matching with that of the Application Form you had submitted earlier.
- After providing the required details, then click on the submit button to see the status of your PAN card.
- The status will tell you the reason for rejection referring to which you can further go ahead and reapply.
The reason for rejection is mainly due to the discrepancies of information and documents that you submit while filling up the application form. This information includes name, date of birth, address, etc. Such discrepancies occur due to the lack of concentration or due to the tendency of being impatience while doing such data entry work online. One of the major bad habits found is using initials instead of full names. Such practices must be avoided to get your information verified successfully in one go. If your PAN card rejected for discrepancies, you can submit a PAN Card Discrepancy Form, this time with all genuine documents and correct information.
Download PAN Card Discrepancy Form from the link provided at https://www.tin-nsdl.com/downloads/pan/download/Request-for-New-PAN-Card-or-and-Changes-or-Correction-in-PAN-Data-Form.pdf