Transferring an ICICI bank account is easier than you think. There are 2 ways by which you can transfer your account – offline and online. Below you will find everything you need to know to make this a hassle-free process.
Offline transfer of ICICI bank account to another branch
Before you take a look at the steps, first get to know the necessary documents to transfer your account.
- Documents required for the transfer
- Transfer application from the bank – The first thing you should do is get an application from your home branch for the transfer process. Make sure to fill in the correct details in it. Fill the form.
- Address proof – a photocopy of your address proof like passport and voted ID with self-attestation.
- PAN card photocopy – a photocopy of the account holder’s PAN card with attestation.
Steps to transfer ICICI bank account offline
Once you have all the above documents, it is easy to complete the process. Just follow the below steps.
- Personally visit the branch where you want to transfer your account along with the above documents.
- You need to submit both PAN card and address proof photocopies with attestation to the Branch Manager or Accounts Executive.
- Make sure to show the original PAN card and address proof when submitting the photocopies of it.
- Submit the transfer application with the right details filled up.
Generally, the transfer process in ICICI bank happens immediately.
Online transfer of ICICI bank account to another branch
One advantage of using ICICI bank is that you can transfer your account online quite easily. You can use both net banking and mobile banking to do this. So, if you don’t want to step outside, follow the below steps.
- Steps to transfer account using net banking
- Login to your account online and press customer service – service request.
- Then, click on “transfer your account to your nearest branch/change home branch”.
- Next, select your account number and select yes.
- Finally, pick the new branch.
Within 5 working days, your transfer request will be done.
- Steps to transfer account using mobile banking
- Open and login to ICICI iMobile banking app.
- Tap on Services and then Account services.
- Next, select Transfer your accounts.
- Select your account number and press yes.
- Now, select your new branch and submit your request.
As you can see, the whole process doesn’t take more than 15 minutes. So, pick the method that’s convenient for you and experience easy transfer of your account.