State Bank of India (SBI) is one of the biggest nationalized banks in India. That’s because they offer their customers the best in the industry. This also includes the simplicity of transferring your SBI account from one branch to another. And the best part is that you can do this both offline and online.
Below are the steps to transfer your account to another branch using both offline and online methods. You can follow the one that seems easy to you.
Offline transfer of SBI bank account to another branch
- Visit your current SBI bank account branch personally.
- Ask for an account transfer form and fill in your details.
- When you fill in the application, mention the bank’s branch code that you wish to transfer your account to.
- Don’t forget to put the date and sign the form.
- For verification, the bank will ask you to provide a photocopy of your identity proof. Keep a copy ready at your hand during this process.
- The KYC documents need to be self-attested when you submit them at the bank.
- Once the bank completes the verification process, they will further update you about the bank account transfer.
Online transfer of SBI bank account to another branch using Netbanking
- Go to Online SBI and log in to your net banking account.
- Once you log in, you will see the e-services tab present on the top menu. If you keep your cursor on that tab, you will get a dropdown menu.
- In the dropdown menu, click on More.
- When you click on it, a new page will open with a list of different services available from the bank. Among the options, find and click on “Transfer of Savings Account”.
- Choose the account number you wish to transfer to another branch.
- Then, enter the code of the branch. If you don’t know about it, you can find it online.
- Once you enter the code, click “Get Branch Name” on the page. Now, you will see the name of the branch.
- Tick the box to accept the terms and conditions. After that, click the submit button.
- Next, you will see a page with the button “confirm”. Click on it.
- You will then receive OTP in your mobile number. Enter the number and confirm it.
- That’s it. You can check the status of your transfer which will be there in the History tab.
As you can see, there are 2 methods to transfer your SBI bank account from one branch to another. So, see what’s convenient for you and transfer your account hassle-free.