Many think that the process of changing their account branch is tough and complicated. Well, that’s not true. The total process will not take more than 15 minutes if you know how to do it. Below are the steps that you can follow to finish this transfer process quickly.
Necessary documents for PNB account transfer to another branch
Before you start, make sure to have these documents ready. Otherwise, you will be wasting precious time to get them.
- Application for account branch transfer
This application is like a request to the branch to transfer your account to another branch. You need to fill in the correct information regarding your account and the branch you wish to transfer to in this form. Make sure that the name you enter in this application is the same as in your bank account.
- Address proof photocopy
A photocopy of your address proof with attestation is necessary. You can use a passport, voter ID, and Aadhaar card as address proof.
- Photocopy of PAN card
The photocopy of the PAN card must also have attestation.
- Bank passbook
For verification, the bank officials may need to see your original passbook. So, keep it with you when you visit the bank.
Steps to transfer PNB bank account to another branch
- First, visit the branch where your bank account is personally along with the above documents.
- Then, submit the documents to either the Branch Manager or Accounts Executive. Have your original proofs ready with you, in case the officials ask for them.
- After you get confirmation from the bank, go to the new branch.
- When you visit the new branch, take self-attested photocopies of PAN card and address proof.
- Once your transfer of account is a success, don’t forget to update your bank passbook. Details like branch code will change and must be updated.
A word of caution
The whole process of transferring your account to another branch can take up to 5 working days. While you wait for confirmation from the bank about the process, don’t do any transactions. Otherwise, it will fail.
Just follow the above steps to transfer your bank account from one branch to another. By being prepared with the right documents beforehand, you can finish the transfer without any delay.