Transferring your BOB bank account from one branch to another is no big deal. With simple steps, you can finish the process in a short time. So, if you are planning to transfer your account to another branch, keep reading to know how to do it. Below you will find both offline and online methods of transferring the account to a different branch.
Offline method to transfer BOB account to another branch
- Necessary documents
Having your documents ready before you start the process will help you to finish everything quickly.
- Application for branch transfer – In this form, you need to mention details like account number and the branch you wish to transfer your account to. Make sure to enter only the correct information.
- Address proof photocopy – BOB accepts passport, voter ID, and Aadhaar card photocopies as address proof. It should be self-attested.
- PAN card – the photocopy of the PAN card should have attestation.
- Bank passbook – Have the original passbook if the officials ask for verification.
Steps to transfer BOB bank account to another branch
- Personally visit your home branch along with the above documents.
- You can either submit the documents to the accounts executive or Branch Manager.
- You will receive a message of confirmation from the bank about the transfer. Usually, it takes 3 to 5 working days.
- Then, visit your new branch with self-attested photocopies of PAN card and address proof. Also, carry your original documents with you in case the bank officials need to see them.
- Once everything is over, update your passbook about your new address.
Online method to transfer BOB bank account to another branch
Using internet banking, you can transfer your account without leaving your home. Just follow the below steps to do it.
- Login to your account.
- Next, click on services. In the ‘utilities’ section, find the account transfer option.
- Now, choose the account that you want to transfer to another branch.
- After that, you need to select your new branch. You need to type your reason for the transfer.
- Finally, click the submit button. But before you do it, make sure to recheck if all the information is correct.
As you can see, the whole process is so simple whether you choose the online or offline method. So, pick the convenient one for you and finish this process with ease using the above steps.