If you had done a correction in the Aadhaar card and don’t have time to go to the Aadhaar center to check that. You can do that online. We will describe the full process here in detail for your ease. You need to follow the following steps to check the status of your Aadhaar Card.
How to Check Your Aadhar Card Correction Status Online by Self
- Visit the website UIDAI at uidai.gov.in.
- Click on the tab Aadhaar Update.
- Now click on the link Check Status – Updation done Online.
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number and the URN number.
- Now click on Get Status.
- You will get to see the update on the screen
- If you can’t see anything, maybe you have to wait for some more time as it take around 15 days of time.
- If you see it rejected may be you need to apply for a new one.
To check the status of correction by Aadhar card centre, you need to
- Copy and paste the link in browser https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status.
- Enter the enrolment ID and the date and time you can see in the acknowledge slip which you got at the Aadhaar centre.
- Enter the captcha and click on Check Status.
- You will get to see the status on the screen.
Documents Required for the correction or updating the Aadhaar Card:
- The number of Aadhaar Card
- The mobile number which is registered with the Aadhaar Card as the OTP will be sent to that very number.
- A documented proof is needed for the information which is going to be changed like if it’s the surname change after marriage, then the wedding registration certificate is needed.
What is the reason of Aadhaar Card rejection?
- The submitted documents are inadequate
- The submitted details are incorrect
- There may be some unknown error in the form.