A birth certificate is essential as it comes to use all your life as the birth proof. Same the death certificate is also needed as a death proof. Both the certificates are issued by the government and there is a proper procedure for that. If you live in New Delhi and you don’t know the process of how to get a birth or death certificate, you don’t have to worry anymore. Here we will describe both online and offline process of applying for a birth or death certificate.
Online Process of Applying for a Birth/ Death certificate in New Delhi:
- First of all, you need to register to the website, mcdonline.gov.in.
- After you have done your registration, you can fill up the form for birth or death certificate using the authorization slip given by the hospital.
- Check the form carefully and submit.
- An e-approval system will verify all the details and approve your birth or death certificate which you will get after the approval.
Offline Process of Applying for a Birth/ Death certificate in New Delhi:
- You have to write an application on a plain paper.
- The slip of death or birth from the hospital must be attached to it.
- An affidavit is needed where the date, place, and time must be given of death and birth. The links of the affidavit forms are given below. Birth: http://www.delhigovt.nic.in/. Death: http://www.delhigovt.nic.in/dept/pubserv/AffidavitDeath.pdf.
- Copy of Ration Card and school leaving certificate must be attached to the death certificate application.
- The documents must be attested by a gazetted officer.
- Then the form needs to be submitted at NDMC, MCD, and the Delhi Cantonment Board.
- Usually, the birth or death certificate take around 7 days to be issued by the local bodies like NDMC, MCD, and the Delhi Cantonment Board.
- You will get a single copy of birth or death free of cost and after that, you will be charged for Rs. 5 per copy.