One of the least populated states, Mizoram is located at the north eastern parts of India. The state is so small that it has only 8 districts. Previously, it was a union territory bordered with Myanmar and Bangladesh but now it has been converted to state. Though the state is low in population but the numbers of vehicles are increasing day by day. We all know that in India, if we have to drive a vehicle, we must have a proper driving license. But before applying for a driving license, you must have the learner’s license as without it, you can’t apply for the driving license. If you stay at Mizoram and don’t know the application process yet, it’s described below for your help.
Process to Apply for Driving License in Mizoram:
- You have to get the application form first. You can get that from the RTO or you can even download it online by following the link https://transport.mizoram.gov.in/page/forms.
- After downloading, take a print out of the form on A4 sized paper.
- Now, fill up the form with all appropriate information.
- Attach passport sized photograph and all required documents with it along with the copy of learner’s license.
- You also have to attach a medical certificate with the form claiming that you are fit enough to drive.
- Now, visit the RTO with the form and original documents for verification.
- Submit the form and the processing fee.
- Then, choose from the available dates for the driving test.
- On that day visit the RTO with your vehicle and appear in the test. After that, you will be notified about the results.
- If you cleared the test, you can get the license on the same day from the RTO.
- Learner’s License
- Passport Sized Photograph
- Application Form
- Proof of Address: Passport, Ration Card, Voter ID card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Gas Bill, etc.
- Proof of Age: Birth Certificate, PAN Card, Voter ID Card, Matriculation Certificate, Passport, etc.
Things to Remember:
- Carry the original documents at the time of driving test.
- The application for the driving license can be done within 6 months of getting the learner’s license.
- Presenting any fraudulent document is a criminal offense. You will be liable for penalty according to law.