How to Apply Driving License in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu
Whether you have a vehicle or want to drive a vehicle in India, you must possess a driving license to do that. It has been made mandatory by the government following the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. Not only the driving license is a legal document which allows you to drive your vehicle anywhere in India but it is also a valid identity proof, accepted by most of the government authorized organizations. Here we are going to describe the application process for driving license in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, Tiruvallur Tamil Nadu. Carefully check out the details mentioned below.
- The age of the applicant must be a minimum of 16 years to drive a 50 cc vehicle.
- For a light motor vehicle, the age for application is 18 years and for the commercial vehicles, it is 20 years.
- The applicant must be aware of all traffic rules and most importantly he or she must possess a learner’s license.
- The application for the permanent driving license must be done 30 days after getting the learner’s license. But you must apply within a maximum of 180 days. After that, the application for the permanent driving license can’t be made.
The Application process for Driving License in Tamil Nadu:
- There is no online process to apply for a driving license in Tamil Nadu. So the complete process will be offline.
- You can get the application form, Form 4 by visiting your nearest RTO office. You can also download it by visiting the Tamil Nadu state government website by clicking the link https://tnsta.gov.in/transport.
- After downloading, take a print out of the application on A4 sized paper.
- Fill up the form properly with correct information. Any wrong information may reject your form.
- Attach all required documents with the form and submit it to your nearest RTO office.
- Pay the application fee and book an appointment for the driving test.
- You have to clear the driving test.
- After clearing the test, the driving license will be issued and sent to you via post.
- Address Proof: Voter ID card, Government-issued pay slip, Life Insurance Policy, Passport, etc.
- Age Proof: Birth certificate, Aadhaar Card, PAN card, School Certificate, etc.
- Learner’s License
- Application Form 4
- Application Fee of Rs. 200
- Valid Vehicle Documents