How to Apply Driving License in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Palakkad Kerala
Now it’s mandatory for every vehicle owner to have a driving license before driving his vehicle on the road. It’s in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Act of 1988. So, any driver who does not have a driving license and is driving his or her vehicle on the road is committing a crime. Other than the freedom to drive the vehicle, the driving license is also known as a valid identity proof and is accepted in most of the government authorized organizations. The process to apply for it in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kollam, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Palakkad Kerala is pretty simple. There are two ways, online and offline. You can choose any of them. The processes are given below.
- To drive a motorcycle with 50CC engine capacity, the age of the applicant must be 16 and he or she must have a written permission from their parents.
- To apply for the driving license of a non-transport vehicle, the age of the applicant must be 18 years or above.
- To apply for the driving license of a transport vehicle, the age of the applicant must be 20 years or above. He or she must have passed class 8.
- The applicant must know the traffic rules and regulations pretty well.
- The application for the driving license must be done within 30 to 180 days of getting the learner’s license.
Online Application Process for Driving License in Kerala:
- Visit https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
- Under ‘online services’, click on ‘driving license related services’.
- Select Kerala as the name of the state and then click on apply online.
- Click on the option new driving license and click on continue.
- Fill up the form with appropriate information, upload all required documents, upload signature and photo, and then submit the form.
- Book the appointment and pay the fees.
- Take a printout of the acknowledgment form and carry all documents with it for driving test.
- Pass the driving test to get the license.
Offline Application Process for Driving License in Kerala:
- Get the application form from the RTO office.
- Fill up the form and attach all required documents with it.
- After submission of form and paying fees, book the appointment for driving test.
- Pass the test to get the license.
- Form 1: Physical Declaration Form
- Form 1A: Medical certificate Form
- Form 4: Application Form for driving license
- Eye Test Certificate
- Attested copy of address proof