Driving license is the official document which is proof that you are certified to drive your vehicle by the government of India. Without a valid driving license driving a vehicle is a punishable offense. If you live in New Delhi and don’t know how to apply for a driving license, you are at the right place. One thing you must know is that before applying for the driving license, you have to apply for the learner and if everything goes right and you pass in all your tests after a month, you will get the license. We will describe both the online and the offline process here for your help. How to Apply Driving License in Delhi.
Online application process for Driving License in New Delhi:
- First of all, you need to visit the official website or you can just click the link https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice1/stateSelection.do.
- You need to choose your state over there. Choose Delhi.
- After choosing the state, you will be redirected to a new page.
- You will get the services related to driving license on the left hand side of the page.
- Click on the option, ‘Apply Online’.
- You will see a lot of options, choose ‘New Driving License’.
- Again a new page will open before you.
- Now you need to enter the license number of the learner along with his date of birth.
- Now just click on OK.
- You will see a form on your screen. Follow the instructions and fill it correctly.
- After filling it submit the form.
- If the candidate is minor, his parents need to fill the Part D of the form, print it, and send to the nearest RTO.
- Upload all the necessary documents with the form like learner’s license number, proof of address, proof of age, etc.
- You will get a notification SMS after the processing of the application.
Offline application process for Driving License in New Delhi:
- Get a Form 4 (application form for driving license). You will get it in the state transport website. Download it and take a print out.
- Fill the application form and attach appropriate documents with it like learner’s license number, proof of address, proof of age, etc.
- Then you have to clear all the tests.
- After clearing all the tests you will receive the license at your home address.
- You can take the help of the driving school or the motor vehicle showroom if you are finding it difficult to process yourself.